[v9.1.6] how to reset owncloud management and all connected services

I'm giving up on scanning the internet for solutions of technical things concerning owncloud which I have not fully understood, yet (which makes asking the right question extremely difficult). So, I rather just want to completely reset my owncloud installation and service. This reset would include the following parts:

• keep all user settings and access rights
  • clear file history of all my hosted files (just keep the latest version of them)
    • this might include removal of version files
    • this might include reset of certain parts of the owncloud database
  • clear all relevant log files for Nginx, PHP, Php5-fpm, owncloud, ... (some have already 20MB)
  • restart all relevant services

Is there a way to do this? maybe a short process description or cookbook?

I hope that in doing so, things become clearer for me to find a cause for the installation's strange misbehaviors, after updating from v8.0.3 over several versions to v9.1.6 as described in the following thread:

Thanks.

Hm. I would try:

• disable the versions app:
    cd /var/www/owncloud
    sudo -u www-data php occ app:disable files_versions

• delete the version files:
    rm datapath/user/files_versions
    (replace "user" with an existing username and repeat for all usernames of your installation)

• scan your files to update the database:
    sudo -u www-data php occ files:scan
    All database entries in the table oc_filecache with the path files_versions should disappear. If not, I would try to delete them in the database directly.

• Logfiles should be managed from logrotate automatically. You can try to force rotating:
    sudo logrotate -f /etc/logrotate.conf

• Restarting of services should not be necessary. But if you really want to do it:
    sudo service nginx restart
    sudo service mysql restart
    There are any PHP related services.

I don't know the paths your nginx installation uses. So you have to replace "datapath" and "/var/www/owncloud" to fit for your installation. And I do not know the user, your nginx installation runs with. So you have to replace "www-data" with the correct user.

1 Like