I found a similar issue from 2021 but no replies and it was locked.
When a file is restored to a previous version by using the web interface, the restored file should be synchronized in the desktop client.
When a file is restored to a previous version by using the web interface:
- the desktop client is not downloading the restored version
- the gallery app is not updating the thumbprint
- if you download the latest version from the web interface, the file claims to be corrupted but still opens. I believe the checksum is not updating.
- Install OwnCloud X 10.13.2 with Wasabi S3 as a primary storage (file versioning enabled on S3 bucket)
- Install desktop client on a Windows 10 machine
- Upload a file using desktop client (this can be a simple new txt file)
- Change the file in the desktop client (a new file version will be uploaded to the server) OR change the file (in this test case, a txt file) in owncloud web interface using the text editor app
- On the server´s web interface, restore the file to a previous version
- the server will update the file to a previous version and the desktop app will not update the file
- the gallery app will not update the icon
- the file will not be “downloadable” by the desktop client anymore. only by the web interface