We recommend you to enable the system planned task

Hi everyone,

I've installed Owncloud 10 on a raspberry (Raspbian) and I managed to remove all warning message in admin parameter page but one message that is something like "We recommend you to enable the system planned task".

As I did not find any doc page talking about this message, I've put a message to github/doc to ask the developers to talk about this. They proposed me to do what was written in this page which talks about enabling the cron.php.

I've done what was asked with
crontab -u www-data -e
*/15 * * * * /usr/bin/php -f /path/to/your/owncloud/cron.php

But the warning is still here and if I test the following command

su -s /bin/bash -c '/usr/bin/php -f /var/www/owncloud/cron.php' www-data

it gives me
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: could not find driver in /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:63
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/owncloud/lib/composer/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(429): OC\DB\Connection->connect()
#1 /var/www/owncloud/lib/composer/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(389): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getDatabasePlatformVersion()
#2 /var/www/owncloud/lib/composer/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(328): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->detectDatabasePlatform()
#3 /var/www/owncloud/lib/composer/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(623): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getDatabasePlatform()
#4 /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(146): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->setTransactionIsolation(2)
#5 /var/www/owncloud/lib/composer/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DriverManager.php(172): OC\DB\Connection->__construct(Array, Object(Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOMySql\Driver), Object(Doctrine\D in /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php on line 63
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: could not find driver in /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:63
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/owncloud/lib/composer/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(429): OC\DB\Connection->connect()
#1 /var/www/owncloud/lib/composer/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(389): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getDatabasePlatformVersion()
#2 /var/www/owncloud/lib/composer/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(328): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->detectDatabasePlatform()
#3 /var/www/owncloud/lib/composer/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(623): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getDatabasePlatform()
#4 /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(146): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->setTransactionIsolation(2)
#5 /var/www/owncloud/lib/composer/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DriverManager.php(172): OC\DB\Connection->__construct(Array, Object(Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOMySql\Driver), Object(Doctrine\D in /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php on line 63

Could someone tell me what's wrong ?
Thanks !

Hi,

is your database running?

are the credentials in your config.php correct? Can you login with the credentials from the config.php in your database?

I think either the PHP module matching your database is missing/not enabled or your command line is using the wrong PHP version.

1 Like