webDAV Problem Mac

Dear ownCloud community,

I came across ownCloud just a few months ago. A friend of mine told me about it, and i decided to build my on Dataserver. So I’m very new to this kind of topic.

I set up my Server on a Raspberry 3 b+, running Debian 9 (stretch) and apache2 with ownCloud 10.0.8. So far everything is going very well, except for one thing: When i want to connect to my server from my Macbook (High Sierra 10.13.4) via webDAV and I want to upload larger files (>20 MB) I get the error code - 36 “The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “FileName” can’t be read or written. (Error code -36)”
After i get this message the server is disconnected and i have to reconnect again.

Is anybody experiencing problems like this? Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help!!

Please double check the owncloud logs if there is anything suspicious.
The file is located in data/owncloud.log

Dear DeepDiver 1975,

I followed your advice and looked up in the owncloud.log file.
This is what i found after i recently got the error code:

{„reqId":“5EozKp6bvOskHd6KESuL”,“level” 2,“time”:“2018-07-13T10:09:25+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“192.168.0.1”,“user”:“MyCloud”,“app”:“dav”,“method”:“DELETE”,“url”:"/remote.php/dav/files/MyCloud/._2018-04-18-raspbian-stretch.img",“message”:“Could not get node for path: “files/MyCloud/._2018-04-18-raspbian-stretch.img” : File with name ._2018-04-18-raspbian-stretch.img could not be located”}

The file 2018-04-18-raspbian-stretch.img is the file I was copying. It is located on my desktop…
I really have no Idea what is going wrong…

Thank you

Note that Finder is notoriously bad with WebDAV. You could try mounting with ocsmount instead.

1 Like