Website quit working after reloading backup

Hi All,

I am pretty lost as to what I am doing wrong, maybe can’t see the forest from the trees. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction again.

I have a mature fully working Owncloud 10.0.8 Server on my Ubuntu 16.04 with Mysql/Apache/Redis/PHP/LetsEncrypt. Yesterday I was trying something a little different on the server. So I made a complete backup of the /var/www/owncloud folder and set it aside as /var/www/owncloud.backup

After I finished testing, I copied back the original backup back to the main webfolder. But the website keeps showing as HTTP Error 500.

-I tried SSLLABS run a server scan, and I get no errors, SSLLABS returns everything (Cert, WebServer, Ciphers) as good.

-I restarted the apache2 service a few times

-I have rebooted the server a couple of times.

-Did a fresh Install of 10.0.8

-Reinstalled LE Cert

-I run a separate mailserver on a subdomain on the same machine with Roundcube and it is working fine,

I am totally lost as to what I an not doing to get this OC back up and running again.

Maybe it’s a permissions thing? I don’t know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated…

Regards

Thank you for the details.

What I am not seeing, maybe you just forgot to mention - what about your database?

Hi Dmitry

Thanks for the reply,

The DB looks like it is all there, untouched. Not Getting DB errors either, The separate Mailserver runs on the same DB

Regards

Maybe the reason for the HTTP 500 error is logged into your webservers logfiles?

1 Like

Good Idea I will check those,

Hey Thanks Tom42

It was a permissions issue with the webfolder

Regards

1 Like