Where is .sync_journal.db?

Expected behaviour

New Sync

Actual behaviour

The folder is used in a folder sync connection! Please pick another one!

Steps to reproduce

1. Link to folder

Server configuration

Operating system:Raspberry Pi OS / Windows 11

Web server: nginx

Database:Mariadb

PHP version:7.4

ownCloud version:10

Storage backend (external storage):1gig ssd

Client configuration

Client version:3

Operating system:Windows 11

OS language:

Qt version used by client package (Linux only, see also Settings dialog):

Client package (From ownCloud or distro) (Linux only):

Installation path of client:

Logs

Please use Gist (https://gist.github.com/) or a similar code paster for longer
logs.

Template for output < 10 lines

1. Client logfile: Output of owncloud --logwindow or owncloud --logfile log.txt
    (On Windows using cmd.exe, you might need to first cd into the ownCloud directory)
    (See also http://doc.owncloud.org/desktop/2.2/troubleshooting.html#client-logfile )

2. Web server error log:

3. Server logfile: ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log):

I have set up ownCloud on a Raspberry Pi 3B Plus using nginx and Mariadb and am administering it from a Windows 11 PC using the Windows desktop app and web access. I have run into the ‘Folder Is Used in a Folder Sync Connection’ and while I understand the problem and its solution, I can’t find the .sync_journal.db file to correct the entries. Any help would be appreciated.

You will find the .sync_journal.db in you ownCloud folder on your Windows machine.
The default path is C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\ownCloud but if you choose another then there the file will be and it is hidden.

Thank you @Nanna for your reply. The folder I find at ‘c:\users\ownCloud - user@linux ip address’ , contains sync folders I have set up, a desktop.ini file and a .owncloudsync.log file. No other files hidden or otherwise are showing

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.