You need to activate own theme to edit mail templates

Hi,
I am trying to create an email template for sharing the link. But it says “You need to activate own theme to edit mail templates.” So I tried to follow this https://doc.owncloud.com/server/developer_manual/core/theming.html guide but there is no such folder as /var/www/owncloud/. I am using VMware appliance and the owncloud version is: 10.6.0. Thank you very much!

Hi JCXfeng,

when I read the appliance docs at Login Information and Custom Paths :: ownCloud Documentation correctly you will have to put your theme directory into /var/lib/univention-appcenter/apps/owncloud/data/custom/and activate it.

Let us know, if this is working for you.

1 Like

Hi cortho !
Thank you very much! I went to here /var/lib/univention-appcenter/apps/owncloud/data/custom/ and start to follow the instructions, however, when I did: “sudo -u www-data php occ app:enable mynewtheme” (step 7), there was an error message saying that: Could not open input file: occ.

Hi again,

I agree, the docs are not very verbose about occ in the appliance. However, I found those docs for another topic: Configure index.php-less URLs :: ownCloud Documentation

To me it reads you’ll have to enter the owncloud docker first and then run occ without sudo, i.e. open a shell on your univention system and then run the following commands:

• univention-app shell owncloud
  • occ app:enable your-theme-name
  • exit

Edit: I opened an issue in the docs repository since you are not the only one who did not find how to run occ in the appliance:

2 Likes

It worked! You are awesome my friend!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.