Access forbidden by server on windows desktop client Application

Hi Everyone I am totally new to own cloud. Please help me solve this problem by step by step method because i am not a tech geek. And also sorry for bad English.

Expected behavior

Tell us what should happen

Actual behavior

I have enable TOTP on my own cloud users account after this all desktop sync client was not connected with my server. if i disable TOTP then it;s working fine. i am accessing my server with HTTP conncetion What is the problem.
i am using OC 10.0.3 on Ubuntu 16.04LTS with LAMP on google instance.

Steps to reproduce

Server configuration

Operating system: Ubuntu 16.04LTS

Web server: APACHE

Database:MYSQL

PHP version:7.0

ownCloud version:10.03

Storage backend (external storage):

Client configuration

Client version:OC WINDOWS DESKTOP SYNC 2.3.3.8250

Operating system:WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

OS language:ENGLISH

Qt version used by client package (Linux only, see also Settings dialog):

Client package (From ownCloud or distro) (Linux only):

Installation path of client:

Logs

Please use Gist (https://gist.github.com/) or a similar code paster for longer
logs.

Template for output < 10 lines

1. Client logfile: Output of owncloud --logwindow or owncloud --logfile log.txt
    (On Windows using cmd.exe, you might need to first cd into the ownCloud directory)
    (See also http://doc.owncloud.org/desktop/2.2/troubleshooting.html#client-logfile )

2. Web server error log:

3. Server logfile: ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log):

Hi,

What is totp and how did you enable it?

Hi dmitry

this OTP app from OC market. i Installed from market then i enable using google authenticator
after that this desktop client application won't connect with my server.

Two Factor TOTP Provider

Do you mean this app?

Yes Dimitry..Yes i have installed from OC market...

AFAIK, there is no two-factor provider auth implementation in client side. Because of that, If you enable a second factor, server doesn't accept regular login/password, only accepts token. So, it is expected behavior. You should generate app password to authorize clients.

1 Like

Correct. With the upcoming 2.4.0 desktop client and the new oAuth2 app on the server it will be possible to use a new flow, but till then this is the reason.

Thank karakayasemi.
But How i generate app passwords and how to give password in client app..?

Hi karakayasemi
Thanks for your information but where to give application password in sync application.
Sry for the basic qus... bcz i am totally new to IT field.

You should generate app password from web application personal settings interface and use the password in the client authentication.