Address in mailbox given [hostmaster@] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2.)

I been having this issue for a long time with setting up the smtp email account for notifications and (i know the settings are correct), asnd once hit the “send test email” button you receive this error message:

There was a problem sending email. Please review your settings.(Error: Address in mailbox given [hostmaster@] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2.).

Now…
I been looking on this for a very long time and I was thinking/hoping this was a bug that wold be addressed at some point and thus would automatically disappear but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Admitted I been procrastinating to do anything about until this point for the latter reasons I just wrote. But now I am enough feed up of it to take action on it and get it over with…

So anyone knows how to solve this issue?

I am running the latest version of Owncloud and just updated today.

Thanks a lot in advance.:+1::smiley:

Hey,

i did the following search:

https://central.owncloud.org/search?q=%22Address%20in%20mailbox%20given%22%20%22does%20not%20comply%20with%20RFC%22%20order%3Alatest

and already found quite some existing threads discussing the same message where the first one after yours seems to already include a possible fix:

Thanks @tom42 for the that suggestion!

Appreciated and I will check it out. :+1:

Kind regards
PowerQuest.

Sweet! That did the trick! :yum:

Thank you so much for the help @tom42! :facepunch:

Kind regards
PowerQuest.

Hey,

that is really great. Thanks go to @dmitry who has posted the fix there.

@dmitry Maybe you can share some insights where this fix is coming from and some additional backgrounds on it?