Bulk transfer before syncing

Hi! This is my first post here, so forgive me if this is the wrong place for a question (and kindly redirect me!!). I utilize OwnCloud as a personal backup and access it from only two computers, work and home. I wish to know how to “pre-load” a large amount of files to both my server and two client computers, then keep them in sync. This would save a very, very long time syncing each computer individually as GB upon GB is synced for the very first time. I’ve tried this, but as I recall, even though the same files are in the correct folders on both host and client computer, sync starts from scratch, rather than recognizing that the files match already and only looking for changes. I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong or (as I read) there is a special way to do this. (Currently i’ve only been syncin my calendar and a small number of data files.) THANK YOU!

I don’t think there is a good way to solve this as you want. You have “fileA” in your local machine and “fileA” in the server, but there is no guarantee that both files are the same.

New desktop client versions supports VFS. The idea is that you move everything to the server and let the clients sync the files on demand. The amount of data you need to transfer first is minimum, and the desktop client will download the files when the user wants to access to it.
If interested, double-check the information about it. I don’t remember if you need to enable something in the desktop client.

@Subito_Piano Please avoid posting the same question multiple times.