Hey Guys -
I’m stuck in a failed upgrade from 10.0.8.x to 10.0.0.9. Below are the details…
After putting it off for a few days, I acknowledged the message in my ownCloud web interface that I needed to update to 10.0.0.9. As my instance exists in the cloud, I do not have CLI access to it - just cPanel & myPHPAdmin - so I opted to use the Updater within Settings.
Below is how I upgraded:
- Logged into web interface
- Went to Admin and choose to update which appeared to work correctly
- Post update, I was redirected back to my ownCloud login page (https://mydomain.com/owncloud), but the site was in maintenance mode
- I let it sit for about an hour thinking it still may be doing things, but after no changes and the dates on any files changing, I disabled Maintenance Mode by editing config.php then refreshing the webpage but this resulted in a page with a start button and the text:
App update required
Please make sure that the database, the config folder and the data folder have been backed up before proceeding.
To avoid timeouts with larger installations, you can instead run the following command from your installation directory:
Clicking Start, I almost immediately get a page with the following message:
Updating to 10.0.9
OC\RepairException: Upgrade is not possible
Repair warning: You have incompatible or missing apps enabled that could not be found or updated via the marketplace.
Repair warning: Please install or update the following apps manually or disable them with: occ app:disable calendar occ app:disable contacts occ app:disable files_pdfviewer occ app:disable files_texteditor occ app:disable tasks occ app:disable templateeditor
Repair warning: For manually updating, see https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.0/go.php?to=admin-marketplace-apps
The update was unsuccessful. Please report this issue to the ownCloud community.
As I don’t have CLI access, I cannot run those commands; so tried a different method. Using myPHPAdmin, I executed the below queries which a post said disables the apps:
update oc_appconfig set configvalue=“no” WHERE appid=“calendar” AND configkey=“enabled”;
update oc_appconfig set configvalue=“no” WHERE appid=“contacts” AND configkey=“enabled”;
update oc_appconfig set configvalue=“no” WHERE appid=“files_pdfviewer” AND configkey=“enabled”;
update oc_appconfig set configvalue=“no” WHERE appid=“files_texteditor” AND configkey=“enabled”;
update oc_appconfig set configvalue=“no” WHERE appid=“tasks” AND configkey=“enabled”;
update oc_appconfig set configvalue=“no” WHERE appid=“templateeditor” AND configkey=“enabled”;
Once done, I tried clicking “Start” again, but got the exact same error message with the same apps listed. I looked in my apps folder, but none of the apps listed have a folder in it. I also downloaded the manual 10.0.0.9 installer to see if it had the app folders for the mentioned apps, but it didn’t either so I’m stuck.
Below are a few other details generally requested for a post plus logs which I was able to get. Any suggestions for a resolution and perhaps an overview of steps to take would be very much appreciated.
Expected: ownCloud displays login screen and works
Actual: I get the Start button & error when executing upgrade
Operating system: n/a / cloud
Web server: owncube.com
PHP version: 7.0.31
Install Folder: domain.com/owncloud
SSL: Yes - 3rd party signed cert
Results from “…/index.php/settings/integrity/failed”: Resulting page displayed the same Update button page that appears when attempting to log in
The content of config/config.php:
Click here to view (edited for security)
Generate Config Report: I cannot access via web and do not have CLI
List of activated apps: Unknown - Below are list of folders currently in my “apps” folder, though:
Are you using external storage, if yes which one: I used SFTP for a while, but disabled / deleted it prior to upgrading as wasn’t stable
Are you using encryption: No - just 3rd party SSL cert
Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one: No / none
Browser: Google Chrome Enterprise
Operating system: Windows 10 x64 1803
Client Version: 2.4.3 build 10188 - Having no issues with client when server is working, though
- Click here to view (edited for security)
- It’s timestamp is from when I performed the initial update at 10:17am. Subsequent updates from clicking the Update button evidently do not appear in it_
- It states “ownCloud 22.214.171.124 found” at the beginning of the log, however I’m 100% sure I was running 10.x prior to initializing the update
- Click here to view (edited for security)
- At the end the log states it’s upgrading from 10.0.9.5 to 10.0.9.5. Although it may be the case at the time it was logged, my initial upgrade this morning from from 10.0.8.x.
- I replaced instances of my WAN / public IP with “126.96.36.199”. I found “188.8.131.52” is one of owncube’s IPs