As of ownCloud 9.0 users should be able to see everyone with directory access (see https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/9058 for details). Unfortunately, users only seem to be able to see down the sharing chain, so only those users they have shared with themselves. The linked ticket says
- Every user that is a share recipient of a file or folder can see a list of who else has access to the file or folder (which will need to be a setting that can be disabled in the config file for some security related reasons)
I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, my guess is on bug.
Steps to reproduce
- Create three users (e.g. admin, test and demo)
- As admin: Create a folder (share-me) w, share it with user test
- As test: Share the folder (share-me) with user demo
- As demo: Take a look at the sharing tab / User and Groups tab of the folder (share-me)
User demo should see three users with access (admin, test and demo)
User demo can only see himself in the list, but not the other users (admin and test)
Don't know the details, it's the official demo setup I used: https://demo.owncloud.org/
Login as admin user into your ownCloud and access http://example.com/index.php/settings/integrity/failed paste the results into https://gist.github.com/ and puth the link here.
"No errors have been found."
Browser: Google Chrome 63.0.3239.108 x64
Operating system: Windows 7 Professional x64