Change order of available categories when creating a new topic?

Hey,

i’m often seeing that users are choosing the “Development” category instead of a better fitting category like e.g. “Server” or “Desktop”. Maybe the following from Links for shares changed from version 10.5.0-1 to 10.5.0-4 in centos 7 could explain this:

Currently the “News” category is on top of the list of categories to choose while creating a new topic followed by “Development”.

Maybe changing the order to something like the following (if this is possible at all) could improve the user experience?

• Server
  • Desktop
  • Android (or iOS)
  • iOS (or Android)
  • Development
  • Events
  • Meta
  • News

Basically what i did was to sort the categories by the most used and ended if by the one (News) where users are not even able to create postings at.

2 Likes

Hey,

there are two recent topics which were also created in the “Development” category due to this:

I think users are often too lazy to scroll down the list of available categories and are just picking the first available category. Maybe my solution will help for this issue?

re-ordered

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time with noticing, and proposing a solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice, this looks great. Let’s hope that more users are choosing the correct category.

It’s the only thing we can do :slight_smile:

1 Like