Crash on startup

Im working on windows 10, i had once installed owncloud client on this computer, used it normally, then unninstalled.
Today i downloaded the latest version and the app wont even start, it gave the following code eea47ab1-13c3-45eb-9c55-60cb010b6a02

any clue what to do?

1 Like

Check the following paragraph:
https://doc.owncloud.org/desktop/troubleshooting.html#logging-in-the-console

& 'C:\Program Files\ownCloud\owncloud.exe' --logfile - --logflush | Write-Host

Make sure to copy the command as is, with leading ampersand and single quotes around the path and logfile pointing to -.

This should then output the whole error message. I would suspect that an old ownCloud installations configuration directory still exists and points to a drive/folder that no longer exists. I think the error message should also tell in which path this configuration is.

2 Likes

The ownCloud folder didnt exist, after creating it, the client started and immediately began to sync the account i was logged in on that older installation.
it seems that those configurations was held somewhere, maybe its a good idea to remove them when ownCloud client is unninstalled.

1 Like

The team is investigating this issue in the public repo on GitHub.com:
owncloud Client crashes as soon as started · Issue #8069 · owncloud/client · GitHub

1 Like

I just had a quick conversation with the development team. This is our current understanding:

• Older and current client versions wrote entries with inconsistent permissions to the sync journal (SQLite database in every sync folder)
  • 2.9 pre-release client no longer creates entries with inconsistent permissions
  • But there are often old entries that are still invalid (no auto-healing yet)

Workaround:

• Update to latest 2.9 daily build:
    2.9 | download.owncloud.com
  • Close the client
  • Delete the hidden SQLite files in every sync folder
  • When you start the client, it will re-index all data and will re-create the sync journal / SQLite database

2.9 beta in the next few days will behave better.

1 Like

We think we have a fix in the latest dailies:

In case it still crashes, please report back with the new crash ID, so the team can have another look.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.