Deleting file from Drobo NAS directly not syncing and can't update

Hi, I have started using OwnCloud on a Drobo 5N and have to say so far I really like it.

I have a couple of questions.

1: When adding or deleting any files on my Mac OwnCloud sync's these to my Drobo with no problem and I can see them and if I add or delete a file through the OC web interface again this sync's to my Mac with no problem. If however I delete, add or change a file directly on my Drobo NAS, OC does not seem to see this and so nothing is updated on my Mac or in the OC web client.

2: In the Admin page it shows an update of 8.2.9 is available, however when I try and upgrade I get the error as below. I have spoken to Drobo and they are unable to help and said that they need to be given an update from OC so that they can then do the update via their DroboApp rather than through the OC web interface. Ideally I would like to be running the latest stable version.

"Update failed.Unable to move /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/owncloud/app/_oc-upgrade/8.2.9/core/resources to /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/owncloud/app/resources"

Server configuration
Operating system: Drobo 5N
ownCloud version (8.2.0):
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:

Hi,

in general please avoid mixing different issues in one single thread. From the experience this has shown that there will be to many confusion about the different issues and people tend to add even more confusion when jumping into the thread asking for stuff.

This is expected behavior as you're not supposed to modify data within the data directory of ownCloud for the reasons explained here:

See the following thread containing infos about this "Unable to move" issue.

However i strongly discourage you to use the updater app as this is known to be broken for longer time. Instead do the manual upgrade like 8.2.0 -> latest 8.2.x -> latest 9.0.x -> latest 9.1.x . Instructions for this are available at doc.owncloud.org