Directory "/" not found

Hello,

Here’s my problem:

Steps to reproduce

1. Log in to owncloud to see my files.

Expected behaviour

I should see my account’s files right after login.

Actual behaviour

No files are shown. Yellow tooltip with “Directory ‘/’ not found” appears.
Randomly, after 2-4 reloading index page or click on the ‘house’ icon, files appear. To the next login OC seems to work correctly.

Other users confirm this “bug”.

Server configuration

Operating system:
Debian 11 (bullseye)

Web server:
Apache 2.4.48

Database:
MariaDB 10.5.11

PHP version:

ownCloud version: (see ownCloud admin page)

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:
Updated many times.

Where did you install ownCloud from:
Official project page

Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above):
‘No errors have been found.’

The content of config/config.php:

List of activated apps:

Are you using external storage, if yes which one: local/smb/sftp/…
Only local folders (the same hdd). However, without external storage the problem continues to exist.

Are you using encryption: yes/no
no

Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one: LDAP/ActiveDirectory/Webdav/…
no

Client configuration

Browser:
Firefox 90.0.2

Operating system:
Windows 7

I noticed that the problem appears only in Firefox. Even in IE11 it’s working ok. I’ve found similar question here: https://central.owncloud.org/t/my-files-not-showing-in-firefox-browser/10074

In owncloud.log I found maybe helpful lines. Sort of + img for true copy of log:
{“reqId”:“YQ_7P-YB_2UL4p3UpN_C_AAAAAA”,“level”:3,“time”:“August 08, 2021 15:41:51”,“remoteAddr”:“some_ip”,“user”:"–",“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“POST”,“url”:"/index.php/login",“message”:“User backend OC\User\Database is returning home: /home/oc/public_html/ocdata//kkw for user: kkw which differs from existing value: /home/oc/public_html/ocdata/kkw”}

obraz

Seems to me, you have moved your data directory, right?

No. I upgraded OC many times and migrating from server to another twice, but data directory was always the same: /home/oc/public_html/ocdata/

Ahh yes, now I see. The values are the same. Strange.

Hey,

i think both are not exactly the same. To me it looks like the first one has ocdata//kkw (two slash) while the second one has ocdata/kkw (one slash).

I’m not sure but i think this could be related to the trailing slash in the datadirectory configuration:

'datadirectory' => '/home/oc/public_html/ocdata/',

The datadirectory path on my installation which i have since ownCloud 10.0.x doesn’t have the trailing slash and the documentation which is provided by the ownCloud people also hasn’t one:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.8/admin_manual/configuration/server/config_sample_php_parameters.html#define-the-directory-where-user-files-are-stored

2 Likes

I removed that trailing slash → no changes:

Also I checked path in database (“accounts” table), because “backend OC\User\Database is returning home: /home/oc/public_html/ocdata//kkw” but there is right path:

Hey,

if i’m understanding the following documentation correctly it seems there is also another table oc_storages which might need a check:

https://doc.owncloud.com/server/10.8/admin_manual/maintenance/manually-moving-data-folders.html

I have this in oc_storages:

Exemplary paths in documentation suggests that trailing slash in that path doesn’t make a problem.

Hey,

i have checked my oc_storages table which also has a trailing slash so i think as well that the trailing path doesn’t make a problem.

Another question in mind: Is this behavior the same for all users?

All users: cannot check everyone.
But two users confirmed that. One wrote me today that he noticed bug in Firefox, but OC worked correctly in Iron (Chromium-based).

I did more tests:
A) I added another test user. On this account I noticed the same error. Only in Firefox.
B) In the same browser window I logged on my account (kkw) (1), logout (2), and then I logged as test user (3). I repeated it some times in incognito mode.
After 3rd step I saw:

• sth like “You don’t have permission to upload or create files here”. - ca. 50% times;
  • “Directory / not found” - another ca. 50% times.

All errors vanished after refresh and files appeared after a click on house icon.
Maybe OC doesn’t get right data about just logged user in time? Still, only in Firefox.

Please, try disabling all the third party apps and re-enable them one by one while testing the issue. It might be a third party app the one causing problems.

1 Like

I have the same behavior with FF. Since with Edge it works fine I don’t think that it it is a problem with any third party app.

As kkw mentions if one refreshes the page 2 or 3 times all folders will be shown. Furthermore there are other strange behavior of FF, not connected to owncloud, since the last update , so I rather assume the fault lies with FF and I am going to wait until the next update of FF to see if the error persists.

2 Likes

@Caretaker Fulls agree with you. BTW, I’m using the ESR of FF, without having any of these problems.

1 Like

Sorry for delay in response.
Disabling all third party apps doesn’t help.

I’ve heard about some issues with cloudflare proxy + owncloud docker image… not sure if firefox should also be included there as part of the problem.

If you have a proxy between your client (your browser) and ownCloud, try to disable or bypass the proxy in order to narrow down where is the problem.

1 Like

There has been and is a problem with FF and Cloudflare. Some of them seem to be resolved in FF vers. 91.0.2 but not all of them and the not resolved include Owncloud.

The problem with " Directory “/” not found" still persists, including the solution to refresh the page one or two times, but no problems in other browser like Edge.

So I assume we still have to wait that the developers of FF solve this problem.

1 Like

weird, mine happened after upgraded from 10.7 to 10.8, and all browsers affected. Chrome, FF, Edge, Opera

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.