Directory "/" not found

Hello,

Here’s my problem:

Steps to reproduce

1. Log in to owncloud to see my files.

Expected behaviour

I should see my account’s files right after login.

Actual behaviour

No files are shown. Yellow tooltip with “Directory ‘/’ not found” appears.
Randomly, after 2-4 reloading index page or click on the ‘house’ icon, files appear. To the next login OC seems to work correctly.

Other users confirm this “bug”.

Server configuration

Operating system:
Debian 11 (bullseye)

Web server:
Apache 2.4.48

Database:
MariaDB 10.5.11

PHP version:

ownCloud version: (see ownCloud admin page)

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:
Updated many times.

Where did you install ownCloud from:
Official project page

Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above):
‘No errors have been found.’

The content of config/config.php:

List of activated apps:

Are you using external storage, if yes which one: local/smb/sftp/…
Only local folders (the same hdd). However, without external storage the problem continues to exist.

Are you using encryption: yes/no
no

Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one: LDAP/ActiveDirectory/Webdav/…
no

Client configuration

Browser:
Firefox 90.0.2

Operating system:
Windows 7

I noticed that the problem appears only in Firefox. Even in IE11 it’s working ok. I’ve found similar question here: https://central.owncloud.org/t/my-files-not-showing-in-firefox-browser/10074

In owncloud.log I found maybe helpful lines. Sort of + img for true copy of log:
{“reqId”:“YQ_7P-YB_2UL4p3UpN_C_AAAAAA”,“level”:3,“time”:“August 08, 2021 15:41:51”,“remoteAddr”:“some_ip”,“user”:"–",“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“POST”,“url”:"/index.php/login",“message”:“User backend OC\User\Database is returning home: /home/oc/public_html/ocdata//kkw for user: kkw which differs from existing value: /home/oc/public_html/ocdata/kkw”}

obraz

Seems to me, you have moved your data directory, right?

No. I upgraded OC many times and migrating from server to another twice, but data directory was always the same: /home/oc/public_html/ocdata/

Ahh yes, now I see. The values are the same. Strange.

Hey,

i think both are not exactly the same. To me it looks like the first one has ocdata//kkw (two slash) while the second one has ocdata/kkw (one slash).

I’m not sure but i think this could be related to the trailing slash in the datadirectory configuration:

'datadirectory' => '/home/oc/public_html/ocdata/',

The datadirectory path on my installation which i have since ownCloud 10.0.x doesn’t have the trailing slash and the documentation which is provided by the ownCloud people also hasn’t one:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.8/admin_manual/configuration/server/config_sample_php_parameters.html#define-the-directory-where-user-files-are-stored

1 Like

I removed that trailing slash → no changes:

Also I checked path in database (“accounts” table), because “backend OC\User\Database is returning home: /home/oc/public_html/ocdata//kkw” but there is right path:

Hey,

if i’m understanding the following documentation correctly it seems there is also another table oc_storages which might need a check:

https://doc.owncloud.com/server/10.8/admin_manual/maintenance/manually-moving-data-folders.html

I have this in oc_storages:

Exemplary paths in documentation suggests that trailing slash in that path doesn’t make a problem.

Hey,

i have checked my oc_storages table which also has a trailing slash so i think as well that the trailing path doesn’t make a problem.

Another question in mind: Is this behavior the same for all users?

All users: cannot check everyone.
But two users confirmed that. One wrote me today that he noticed bug in Firefox, but OC worked correctly in Iron (Chromium-based).

I did more tests:
A) I added another test user. On this account I noticed the same error. Only in Firefox.
B) In the same browser window I logged on my account (kkw) (1), logout (2), and then I logged as test user (3). I repeated it some times in incognito mode.
After 3rd step I saw:

• sth like “You don’t have permission to upload or create files here”. - ca. 50% times;
  • “Directory / not found” - another ca. 50% times.

All errors vanished after refresh and files appeared after a click on house icon.
Maybe OC doesn’t get right data about just logged user in time? Still, only in Firefox.

Please, try disabling all the third party apps and re-enable them one by one while testing the issue. It might be a third party app the one causing problems.

1 Like

I have the same behavior with FF. Since with Edge it works fine I don’t think that it it is a problem with any third party app.

As kkw mentions if one refreshes the page 2 or 3 times all folders will be shown. Furthermore there are other strange behavior of FF, not connected to owncloud, since the last update , so I rather assume the fault lies with FF and I am going to wait until the next update of FF to see if the error persists.

2 Likes

@Caretaker Fulls agree with you. BTW, I’m using the ESR of FF, without having any of these problems.

1 Like

Sorry for delay in response.
Disabling all third party apps doesn’t help.

I’ve heard about some issues with cloudflare proxy + owncloud docker image… not sure if firefox should also be included there as part of the problem.

If you have a proxy between your client (your browser) and ownCloud, try to disable or bypass the proxy in order to narrow down where is the problem.

There has been and is a problem with FF and Cloudflare. Some of them seem to be resolved in FF vers. 91.0.2 but not all of them and the not resolved include Owncloud.

The problem with " Directory “/” not found" still persists, including the solution to refresh the page one or two times, but no problems in other browser like Edge.

So I assume we still have to wait that the developers of FF solve this problem.

1 Like