Help needed to upgrade Owncloud version on Seagate Personalcloud

Hi there,

I am trying to upgrade post install of the ownCloud version that is currently present in the Seagate Personalcloud Nas however I am not great at coding and therefore I have now come at a loss after attempting to re-package the new tar.bz2 which I downloaded from here using the NAS OS SDK which should allow this to be repackaged as a *.rbw file to be installed via the web interface on the NAS.

Is there a way to upgrade from version 6 to 10.9 via cmd line as I am able to SSH into the drive.

Looking at the preface of the app when installed it states the following:

“The all-new version 1.3 is based on ownCloud 6.0.4. Versions older than 1.3 do not support updates. To run the latest version, uninstall your app and then install the update.”

Any guidance or assistance would be great.

Steps to reproduce

Expected behaviour

Tell us what should happen

Actual behaviour

Tell us what happens instead

Server configuration

Operating system:

Web server:

Database:

PHP version:

**ownCloud version:6.0.4 (see ownCloud admin page)

**Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:Fresh Install of 6.0.4

**Where did you install ownCloud from:Directly from the apps in the NAS

Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above):

Login as admin user into your ownCloud and access 
http://example.com/index.php/settings/integrity/failed 
paste the results into https://gist.github.com/ and puth the link here.

The content of config/config.php:

'admin' -> 'Generate Config Report' -> 'Download ownCloud config report'
This report includes the config.php settings, the list of activated apps
and other details in a well sanitized form.

or 

If you have access to your command line run e.g.:
sudo -u www-data php occ config:list system
from within your ownCloud installation folder

*ATTENTION:* Do not post your config.php file in public as is. Please use one of the above
methods whenever possible. Both, the generated reports from the web-ui and from occ config:list
consistently remove sensitive data. You still may want to review the report before sending.
If done manually then it is critical for your own privacy to dilligently
remove *all* host names, passwords, usernames, salts and other credentials before posting.
You should assume that attackers find such information and will use them against your systems.

List of activated apps:

If you have access to your command line run e.g.:
sudo -u www-data php occ app:list
from within your ownCloud installation folder.

Are you using external storage, if yes which one: local/smb/sftp/…

Are you using encryption: yes/no

Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one: LDAP/ActiveDirectory/Webdav/…

LDAP configuration (delete this part if not used)

With access to your command line run e.g.:
sudo -u www-data php occ ldap:show-config
from within your ownCloud installation folder

Without access to your command line download the data/owncloud.db to your local
computer or access your SQL server remotely and run the select query:
SELECT * FROM `oc_appconfig` WHERE `appid` = 'user_ldap';

Eventually replace sensitive data as the name/IP-address of your LDAP server or groups.

Client configuration

Browser:

Operating system:

Logs

Web server error log

Insert your webserver log here

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

Insert your ownCloud log here

Browser log

Insert your browser log here, this could for example include:

a) The javascript console log
b) The network log 
c) ...

Can anyone help please…

Why has no one responded to my support request…

Anyone??? Post has now been open 2 months and no response… Really? I have tried to provide as much info as I can but form the looks of it, I may need to forget about using owncloud due to the lack of support of even a response …

Well, IMHO your request rather belongs to a support forum for your Seagate device. Obviously, here nobody, including myself, knows anything about the hardware you are using. That might be the reason for the silence.

1 Like

Thank you for coming back to me. Unfortunately seagate no longer provides support for my NAS and therefore the reason for posting on here. Even when it was supported they were not very helpfull in addressing another query I had with their NAS. What would be good is to know if anyone has a *.rbw file for the version 9 of Owncloud. Seen a few posts in other places with this however all the links are now dead.
:frowning:

Good luck for your search.

1 Like

As alfredb said, ownCloud doesn’t provide specific support for Seagate, so you’re on your own.

Anyway, I’d recommend you to set up a fresh 10.9.1 installation and move your data there. You might need to download the files from your ownCloud 6 and upload them in the new 10.9 one by one though.
Note that I’m not sure if versions between 6 and 9 are available, so updating might not be possible even without Seagate. That’s why I think it’s easier a new setup.

2 Likes

Thank you for coming back to me too.
The whole point of the post is that the owncloud server running on the seagate nas is running on version 6 and was looking for advice and support on how to upgrade this to the latest version.
Seagate uses *.rbw files and I have tried to repackage the official download using the sdk but to no avail.

As I mentioned previously I am no good with coding although I have basic knowledge of linux, and I mean basic and I noticed that in the past someone did upload a version 9 server with extension rbw but those links are now dead.

Owncloud server v9 rbw file.

There was another link but can’t currently find it but that link is now dead. Any help or advice would be much appreciated otherwise it may be a case of purchasing a new NAS (been looking at a new one for a while now :))

Try contacting that user directly, seems like they were hosting these files on their ownCloud instance. Perhaps they just didn’t receive notifications for the replies on the topic (the previous requests for reupload in the topic you linked).

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion however see what happens, but I am not holding my breath as I can see that they were last online as per their profile

Seen 19 Jun '19

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.