Migration from local file system to S3 file system

Hi,
I am trying to migrate data from local file system to S3, I made a new instance and restored the original database and the files are showing in the server but I am not able to open them

It shows the following error, Can anyone help me?
I changed the oc_storages db and the configuration file for changing to S3
The Owncloud Error log shows the following error

{“reqId”:“iLzAdg2LnSxRKDuCOFp8”,“level”:3,“time”:“2021-01-08T09:52:51+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:"",“user”:"–",“app”:“PHP”,“method”:"–",“url”:"–",“message”:“fopen(/var/www/owncloud/data/admin/files/ownCloud Manual.pdf): failed to open stream: No such file or directory at /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php#298”}
{“reqId”:“HKWB3ZuafX5FWaGtdib6”,“level”:3,“time”:“2021-01-08T11:43:49+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“10.180.6.12”,“user”:"–",“app”:“files”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/owncloud/index.php/cron",“message”:“Exception: {“Exception”:“OC\\ForbiddenException”,“Message”:”",“Code”:0,“Trace”:"#0 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Files\/Utils\/Scanner.php(139): OC\\Files\\Utils\\Scanner->shouldScan(Object(OC\\Files\\Mount\\MountPoint))\n#1 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/files\/lib\/BackgroundJob\/ScanFiles.php(85): OC\\Files\\Utils\\Scanner->backgroundScan(’’)\n#2 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/files\/lib\/BackgroundJob\/ScanFiles.php(109): OCA\\Files\\BackgroundJob\\ScanFiles->runScanner(Object(OC\\User\\User))\n#3 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/BackgroundJob\/Job.php(66): OCA\\Files\\BackgroundJob\\ScanFiles->run(NULL)\n#4 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/BackgroundJob\/TimedJob.php(63): OC\\BackgroundJob\\Job->execute(Object(OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList), Object(OC\\Log))\n#5 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/core\/Controller\/CronController.php(81): OC\\BackgroundJob\\TimedJob->execute(Object(OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList), Object(OC\\Log))\n#6 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/Http\/Dispatcher.php(153): OC\\Core\\Controller\\CronController->run()\n#7 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/Http\/Dispatcher.php(85): OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher->executeController(Object(OC\\Core\\Controller\\CronController), ‘run’)\n#8 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/App.php(100): OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(OC\\Core\\Controller\\CronController), ‘run’)\n#9 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/Routing\/RouteActionHandler.php(47): OC\\AppFramework\\App::main(‘CronController’, ‘run’, Object(OC\\AppFramework\\DependencyInjection\\DIContainer), Array)\n#10 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Route\/Router.php(342): OC\\AppFramework\\Routing\\RouteActionHandler->__invoke(Array)\n#11 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/base.php(920): OC\\Route\\Router->match(’\/cron’)\n#12 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/index.php(54): OC::handleRequest()\n#13 {main}",“File”:"\/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Files\/Utils\/Scanner.php",“Line”:193}"}
~

Hi,

Please make sure that you have correctly configured your data directory.

1 Like

HI @Aki I have changed everything in the database as instructed in the document sent by you but can you tell what data directory should I give in the place of /var/www/owncloud/data for Object Storage

Hi all,
The problem is still unsolved. Can anyone help me with a solution

Hi Suraj,

Please have a look at this:

1 Like

Yes, Thank You. I did it by using data Exporter Application and it is working .

2 Likes