Owncloud does not work since PHP upgrade

Steps to reproduce

1. Open the Owncloud login URL

Expected behaviour

The Login Screen should appear

Actual behaviour

I get a lot of errors:

I can upload just 1 image and 2 links. I merged all files to this Gist.

All Logs here: https://gist.github.com/Gitulu/798f888c7ce3e77cdad888a3045de4f5

Server configuration

Operating system:Debian Linux 10

Web server: Apache Webserver

Database: It should be Mysql (not sure)

PHP version: installed: “5.6, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3” -> running: “7.0.33”

PHP Modules please see Gist above

PHP 7.0.33-10+0~20190807.18+debian9~1.gbp5452d8 (cli) (built: Aug 7 2019 19:47:15) ( NTS )
Copyright © 1997-2017 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright © 1998-2017 Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.0.33-10+0~20190807.18+debian9~1.gbp5452d8, Copyright © 1999-2017, by Zend Technologies

ownCloud version: (see ownCloud admin page)

10.2.1 stable community

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: Fresh install

Where did you install ownCloud from: https://owncloud.org/download/

Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above):

Login as admin user into your ownCloud and access 
http://example.com/index.php/settings/integrity/failed 
paste the results into https://gist.github.com/ and puth the link here. 

Please see Gist above

The content of config/config.php:

Both methods does not work to get the content

List of activated apps:

I have acces to the server and the terminal via Bitvise but the commands does not work

Are you using external storage, if yes which one: local/smb/sftp/…

Internal server storage from the VPS

Are you using encryption: yes
How can I rescue my files I have the keys and login details?

Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one: LDAP/ActiveDirectory/Webdav/…

Client configuration

Browser: Chrome, Firefox (newest version)

Operating system: Windows 10 - 1903 - 64Bit

Logs

Web server error log

Insert your webserver log here: Please see Gist above

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

Insert your ownCloud log here: Please see Gist above

Browser log

Insert your browser log here, this could for example include:

a) The javascript console log
b) The network log 

Please let me know how I can assist you.
It would be great to to rescue my files or to fix the issues.

Thank you
Clabin

Hi Clabin,
Make sure you have all the same PHP modules and packages installed for the newer PHP version.
dpkg -l | grep php should show you all installed PHP packages, and compare your old version with the newly installed version.
The error message says that it can’t find the PHP driver to connect to the DB.
Also make sure to restart your apache-php setup after successful installation, to enable the additional modules.

Edit: the gists are kind of useless, as long as we don’t know how they’ve been created. There can be a difference in version between the PHP version on the CLI and the one being used in Apache. Have a look at this other topic with a simliar problem:

2 Likes

Hello,

I updated my PHP to version 7.3, now I get the following error:

Exception occurred while logging exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: could not find driver
#0 /var/www/owncloud/lib/composer/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(992): OC\DB\Connection->connect()
#1 /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(207): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->executeUpdate(‘PRAGMA read_unc…’, Array, Array)
#2 /var/www/owncloud/lib/composer/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(623): OC\DB\Connection->executeUpdate(‘PRAGMA read_unc…’)
#3 /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(144): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->setTransactionIsolation(2)
#4 /var/www/owncloud/lib/composer/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DriverManager.php(172): OC\DB\Connection->__construct(Array, Object(Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOSqlite\Driver), Object(Doctrine\DBAL\Configuration), Object(Doctrine\Common\EventManager))
#5 /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/DB/ConnectionFactory.php(145): Doctrine\DBAL\DriverManager::getConnection(Array, Object(Doctrine\DBAL\Configuration), Object(Doctrine\Common\EventManager))
#6 /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/Server.php(531): OC\DB\ConnectionFactory->getConnection(‘sqlite3’, Array)
#7 /var/www/owncloud/lib/composer/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(118): OC\Server->OC{closure}(Object(OC\Server))
#8 /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(108): Pimple\Container->offsetGet(‘DatabaseConnect…’)
#9 /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(86): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query(‘DatabaseConnect…’)
#10 /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/Server.php(1216): OC\ServerContainer->query(‘DatabaseConnect…’)
#11 /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/Server.php(405): OC\Server->getDatabaseConnection()
#12 /var/www/owncloud/lib/composer/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(118): OC\Server->OC{closure}(Object(OC\Server))
#13 /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(108): Pimple\Container->offsetGet(‘AppConfig’)
#14 /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(86): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query(‘AppConfig’)
#15 /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/Server.php(1146): OC\ServerContainer->query(‘AppConfig’)
#16 /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/Server.php(586): OC\Server->getAppConfig()
#17 /var/www/owncloud/lib/composer/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(118): OC\Server->OC{closure}(Object(OC\Server))
#18 /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(108): Pimple\Container->offsetGet(‘AppManager’)
#19 /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(86): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query(‘AppManager’)
#20 /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/Server.php(1414): OC\ServerContainer->query(‘AppManager’)
#21 /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/legacy/app.php(343): OC\Server->getAppManager()
#22 /var/www/owncloud/lib/private/legacy/app.php(107): OC_App::getEnabledApps()
#23 /var/www/owncloud/lib/base.php(577): OC_App::loadApps(Array)
#24 /var/www/owncloud/lib/base.php(996): OC::init()
#25 /var/www/owncloud/index.php(53): require_once(’/var/www/ownclo…’)
#26 {main}

What can I do?

Thank you

Did you read this line in the last post before yours?

So you should downgrade php to 7.2 or, if this is not a productive environment, you might want to upgrade to ownCloud 10.3 RC1:

Hey,

additional to the hint given by @cortho i think you should make sure when upgrading a PHP installation from e.g. 7.0 to a later version that all required PHP extensions are installed for the new PHP version:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.2/admin_manual/installation/manual_installation.html#php-extensions

It seems to me that users are constantly struggling with the “Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: could not find driver” message because they are missing this step when upgrading PHP.

1 Like

Hey,

i don’t think this problem is related to the original question. Maybe a moderator can move this into a new thread?

I agree with you, however this doesn’t seem to exist in the admin post edit section.
Anyway, enough off topic, I’m closing this topic.

@Clabin please open a new topic, especially if you have a new problem

1 Like