Public Links via Mail not working

i will share a folder Test as public link via e-mail. I fill the orm correctly and paste my e-mail in the field

Send Link as E-Mail

and press Enter. The E-Mail address are correctly (i have tested the mail wiht the admin, put this mail-address in the admin’s E-Mail and send a Test Message, this are working propertly) After That i putted a short Message in the Message Field and click

the system displays this error
(in German Beim Versenden der E-Mail ist ein Fehler aufgetreten ) An error occurred while sending the e-mail
(a black symbol) and then {message}
no entry found in the logfile

Any Ideas,

Thanks for helping

Thomas

Hello,

what version of ownCloud is it ?
Thanks.

Hi,

its a Upgrade from 10.0.8 to 10.2.1. The package are fresh downloded from owncloud.

Thanks Thomas

Alright, your upgrade went fine ? No integrity check errors ?
What’s your mail configuration ? Is it sent through your local mail server such as postfix or is it an external SMTP ?

The upgrade is complete without any errors, the mail server is a external exchange connector. I have send a test mail to the same recpient, to whom I also want to send the link. The testmail are successfully recieved

Thanks for helping

Thomas

Thanks for your answer, could you try changing the logging level to INFO or DEBUG, and retry the share ?
Could you also try using this service http://www.mail-tester.com/?lang=en ? You just have to share a file or anything (something you don’t care much for privacy’ sake) with the mail shown on the mail-tester.com and check afterwards. If it receives nothing then there is really a problem with public link via e-mail.

Hi,

the loglevel is at the moment set to zero (debug) when i shared via public link and send a mail to the addess in mail-tester, i become no answer. The link are created, bur no mail was sending. In the log-file, no error message was displayed

Thanks for helping
Thomas

Well that’s odd, does the recipient mail has an hyphen ? I found that bug but it seems solved. Since mail-tester has one too, it could be a correct hint.

EDIT: not sure it’s relevant since it should be solved and that the problem E-Mail addresses with “-” charakter in the second subdomain but still I’d try to send an email to some disposable email like yopmail.

EDIT2: could it be your exchange that blocks the mail for bad filtering (SPAM for example). Does your sending email exists ? If so can you check you don’t have a mailer daemon ?

Hi,

the problem is very frustrated. I have create a user with my company mail address. Owncloud send me a user creating mail. Then i shared the same folder in private mode with send a notification to the user and also this was recieved, but when i edit the public link to add a mailadress, the described error was displayed. I have nothing idea, who ist error

Thanks for helping
Thomas

Alright I just tried it on some ownCloud demo I run, and I don’t have the problem.
Here are the steps:

• I go to Files
  • I click a random file
  • Click on sharing
  • Click on Public links
  • Create public link there I set Download / View only and I click Share
  • Then I click on social share and Share via emails
  • It opens Thunderbird in my case

If my steps are wrong, please explain it all, add screenshots if possible, it’s easier to understand.

Hi,

this is also functional on my owncloud, but when create a public folder an in this form you fill out the field

send link as e-mail

and you click to share you become the error

how can I attach screenshots?

I don’t find this feature yet.

For the screenshot you have an upload picture in the editor button bar. It looks like a top arrow.

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. Here is the Screenshot

Thanks for helping
Thomas

Thanks for your screenshot, well I don’t have this feature.

What are your apps ? Maybe you have an extra one to add this feature to the shares.

Hi,

the option was activated in Admin->share->public share->allow user to share links via e-mail. When this option are selected, you have the mail field in the sharing form

Here is the error message (is in German)
public%20share4

Thanks for helping
Thomas

Yeah you’re right !
So I configure it and I tried sharing with the mail to mail tester and it works fine for me

So I’m assuming you have some wrong configuration on your ownCloud or on your Exchange Connector.
Can you check what I said previously ?

Hi,

at the Moment, i have no idea, what is wrong in the config, the mail from the private share are transmitted. It’s the same way

Thanks for Helping
Thomas

Hello,

do you have a postfix or any SMTP on your machine hosting the ownCloud ? If yes, could you try changing your mail configuration to send through your local SMTP ? Thus you would know if it’s a matter with your Exchange or not.

Hi,
we have not installed any SMTP services on the machine, all other mail functions are good, but only this one not function. I Think, is not the mail send function, rather then the form or the output generator are not correct. The error message is like microsoft-style all can not must

Thanks for Helping
Thomas