Probably a very unique situation here.
3 clients, 1 OwnCloud server.
I also have a Google Drive account.
On one client, I set it up to sync with my Owncloud and selected the Google Drive folder. This is with the intention of having a copy of the data on both the OwnCloud server and Google Drive.
Ran into an issue with that. For some reason one Sync program or the other decided that each time one sync’d, it would update and create another copy of the file. For example, if I put a MYFILE.JPG on OwnCloud, it would copy out to Google Drive as expected, but after a short time, a copy of the file MYFILE-1.JPG would show up on both drives as well. Then MYFILE-2.JPG and it would continue until it filled up the Google Drive (only 100GB), My guess is that one or both of the sync programs were changing the file enough to where the other sync program would want to re-sync it, but create a copy.
So, I figured that was not the way to do that, so I decided to keep them separated. Moved all of the files to an “OwnCloud” folder and re-directed OwnCloud client to sync that folder instead. I then quit out of Google Drive completely. Everything was fine for about 3 days, then all of a sudden, most of the files that were on OwnCloud disappeared. I had about 33 GB of files, it is now down to 1.1 GB. I’m kind of stumped at what happened. 1 of the 3 clients, fortunately, had broken the sync-link and still had all the file. I’ve not corrected that sync yet, but did make sure I had a copy of all the files.
Google drive issue is another story. Needless to say, 33 GB turned into 99 GB (out of 100 GB space) and I decided to just remove everything from it and re-copy what I want back on there. Deleting that much proved to be quite the challenge. But I’ll work that out later.