Unable to login from client or app

help

#1

Hi
I'm new to this forum. I loved OC and I decided to use it.
I hope someone can urgently help me with the following issue.

I've installed OC from scratch on a dedicated server without any problem. Everything is working fine despite login from windows clients and mobile app. Firewall ports are all opened. Web login works. WebDAV login not working. Made as test.

Server configuration
Operating system: CentOS Linux 7.3.1611
Web server: Apache
Database: MySQL 5.5.52
PHP version: 5.4.16


#2

Please fill out the complete issue template shown when creating a new thread in the "Desktop File Sync". This is asking you all needed info which are mandatory to help here. It might also worth to explain what "not working" means.

There is also a quite good FAQ about WebDAV problems available here at the forums [1]. This contains most known info on how to fix such issues.

[1]


#3

Hi
I'm sorry I haven't completed the template enough. I'll try to get more info and post them if needed.

The "not working" means that, for example, the windows client fails to authenticate.
I've also tried to authenticate on https://mysite.com/remote.php/webdav and it fails as well.

The web authentication, instead, works perfectly.

Can the solution be found where I think (webDAV ...?)
I'll try to post the log in a few minutes.


#4

If the authentication is failing see the FAQ linked above. This gives you all needed info how to fix your environment to allow the authentication via that WebDAV endpoint.


#5

hi
it's definitely a webdav related problem
I've asked my hostin company to enable it, but I'm not able to configure the remaining part.
I've access as root user, but I don't even know where to start.

Please help me

here is the log error.

{"reqId":"WNpP@gi6lY6zsoddZUgA2AAAANA","remoteAddr":"5.94.27.74","app":"webdav","message":"Exception: {\"Message\":\"HTTP\\/1.1 401 No 'Authorization: Basic' header found. Either the client didn't send one, or the server is mis-configured\",\"Exception\":\"Sabre\\DAV\\Exception\\NotAuthenticated\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 [internal function]: Sabre\\DAV\\Auth\\Plugin->beforeMethod(Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Request), Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Response))\n#1 \\/var\\/www\\/vhosts\\/server012.localhost.com\\/mysite.com\\/3rdparty\\/sabre\\/event\\/lib\\/EventEmitterTrait.php(105): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#2 \\/var\\/www\\/vhosts\\/server012.localhost.com\\/mysite.com\\/3rdparty\\/sabre\\/dav\\/lib\\/DAV\\/Server.php(446): Sabre\\Event\\EventEmitter->emit('beforeMethod', Array)\n#3 \\/var\\/www\\/vhosts\\/server012.localhost.com\\/mysite.com\\/3rdparty\\/sabre\\/dav\\/lib\\/DAV\\/Server.php(248): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Request), Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Response))\n#4 \\/var\\/www\\/vhosts\\/server012.localhost.com\\/mysite.com\\/apps\\/dav\\/appinfo\\/v1\\/webdav.php(57): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->exec()\n#5 \\/var\\/www\\/vhosts\\/server012.localhost.com\\/mysite.com\\/remote.php(164): require_once('\\/var\\/www\\/vhosts...')\n#6 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\/var\\/www\\/vhosts\\/server012.localhost.com\\/mysite.com\\/3rdparty\\/sabre\\/dav\\/lib\\/DAV\\/Auth\\/Plugin.php\",\"Line\":188,\"User\":false}","level":0,"time":"2017-03-28T11:58:50+00:00","method":"PROPFIND","url":"\/remote.php\/webdav\/","user":"--"}


#6

A start is the FAQ linked above as already mentioned twice. For the posted logentry an additional FAQ is available here at the forums [1]. As this message / issue can have tons of reasons there is no single solution. Because of this you need to work your way through the provided information and find the solution matching your issue.

[1]


#7

Note that ownCloud implements its own WebDAV server, so there is no need to ask the hoster to enable WebDAV in their server configuration. A separate WebDAV implementation in the server should actually be turned off as this otherwise might interfer with ownCloud's in-built one, see also the post linked to by kljhlkhglklfgh above.


#8

thanks to both of you for the suggestions.
I sorted it out reinstalling it from scratch
and it's now working

Sorry to have bothered you