"You don’t have permission to upload or create files here"

Hi there,
I have the above error, but the solutions in this post:
https://central.owncloud.org/t/you-don-t-have-permission-to-upload-or-create-files-here/1870

don't seem to help. I spoke to my host and here's their response:

I was able to replicate the issue raised. I have looked over the usage report is Cpanel > CPU and Concurrent Connection Usage and I/O usage has been limited.
The permissions are set correctly but the application seems to have returned some errors

Error PHP Invalid argument supplied for foreach() at > /home/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/files/3rdparty/symfony/console/Input/ArgvInput.php#262 2018-03-26T10:48:49+00:00
Error PHP array_shift() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given at /home/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/files/3rdparty/symfony/console/Input/ArgvInput.php#59 2018-03-26T10:48:49+00:00
Error PHP Undefined index: argv at /home/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/files/3rdparty/symfony/console/Input/ArgvInput.php#55
The current version in installatron si 9.1.7. version 9.1.8 is not yet supported. To solve this issue you can request help at OwnCloud or try a fresh install with the latest version.

Is anyone able to help with a possible solution - preferably that does not involve and re-install?

Thanks

so this command did not help?

did you try this on your owncloud dir or owncloud data dir?

Thanks dmitry,

It was the "solved solution" that did not work for me. I am not too sure about how to implement the bit you have quoted (sorry - I'm really new to this kind of stuff!), but I will look into that and let you know how I get on - though it'll probably be after easter!

Thanks for you help.

Hi there,

turns out I don't have SSH access, but my hosts say they can run this command for me.

Is it best to do it on my owncloud dir or owncloud data di?

Thanks

Does not matter, the web server user has to have access to both

Thanks - I'll get the to try that and see if it works.

Hi there, The hosts run that command and assure me that the permissions are correct, however I am still experiencing the problem. I'm not sure what to try now.
Any ideas?
Thanks for your help.