Can't delete folders but I can delete files

Hi, after use backup program from windows pc (webdav) Owncloud server lock my folders and I can’t delete. If I make new folder from web interface I can’t delete. Files functions are regulary (I can create and delete). I have checked if there are some locked files in db but table is empty. I have try also to sinchronize files with occ command from ssh, but nothing change. Please if have some idea reply to me!
Thanks

ownCloud 10.0.8

Could you share related ownloud.log entries? In my very first opinion, maybe something can be wrong in server folder permissions.

Hello, 2 lines of log:

“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/index.php/settings/admin?sectionid=general",“message”:“file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/xxxxxx/web/Data/Library/OCA/Notes/AppInfo/ApplicationOCA/Notes/AppInfo/Application.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/xxxxxx/web/xxxxxxx.xx/public_html:/home/xxxxx/tmp:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/var/www/html:/tmp:/usr/share:/etc/phpMyAdmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/etc/roundcubemail:/etc/roundcube:/var/lib/roundcube) at /home/xxxxxx/web/xxxxx.xx/public_html/apps/firewall/3rdparty/hoa/core/Consistency.php#359”}

method":“GET”,“url”:"/ocs/v2.php/apps/notifications/api/v1/notifications?format=json",“message”:“file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/xxxxxx/web/xxxxxxxxxx.xx/Data/Library/OCA/User_LDAP/AppInfo/Application/ApplicationOCA/User_LDAP/AppInfo/Application/Application.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/xxxxxx/web/xxxxxxx.xx/public_html:/home/xxxxxxx/tmp:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/var/www/html:/tmp:/usr/share:/etc/phpMyAdmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/etc/roundcubemail:/etc/roundcube:/var/lib/roundcube) at /home/xxxxxxx/web/xxxx.xx/public_html/apps/firewall/3rdparty/hoa/core/Consistency.php#359”}

Permission folder is set to 755 and chown to domain owner

Thanks a lot

Hey,

it looks to me that the open_basedir setting of your PHP environment is misconfigured. Maybe you can find some notes in the PHP manual on how to configure it correctly, an temporary alternative could be to disable it until you find the info how to setup it correctly.

Same problem here, are you using S3 as external storage?

Found something that finally solved the same problem using S3 External Storage

See : Fix delete issue #393 · jayennis22/files_external_s3@9ca3c3b · GitHub

It works !!

1 Like

Hey,

i think this could be a duplicate topic of Error trying to delete folder on S3 external storage

And i think this never has been reported to the ownCloud people at the bug tracker issue below. Maybe some one with a GitHub account could post the info over there or even create a bug report? Otherwise i think the ownCloud people will never notice :slightly_frowning_face: