Owncloud client for raspberry pi 4?

I am attempting to install the ownCloud desktop client on a Raspberry Pi 4 running Debian 10 (NOOBS). It’s a 32 bit OS, but everything I can find on the ownCloud installation page is for 64 bit. I’ve been trying to compile from scratch, but this has been a nightmare and I’m about to give up.

What is the easiest way to get even a rudimentary ownCloud client working on this platform? I’m not aware of a 64 bit OS for the Raspberry pi 4, and I can’t find anything from ownCloud that is easy to install.

See Desktop Sync Client 2.5.1 released

It’s still available, but built for x86 architecture, not for ARM.

@TheOneRing any idea?

1 Like

Previous posts mention “Raspberry” in #desktop category:
https://central.owncloud.org/search?q=Raspberry%20%23desktop

1 Like

HI me too! I tried to use the webdav interface but as the owncloud server we have is internet facing we did not really want to overload it with too many interfaces (for security). But I would really like an owncloud client for it. I tried to compile it from git hub, but it uses qt-6 which does not appear available yet for the pi.

Do the owncloud developers have any plans to compile and make available a client for raspberian ? I think it would be useful for owncloud as it could expend the user base. USB drives are cheap now and a raspberry pi tucked away somewhere is a very useful data storage device.