Will Owncloud 10.1.0 run, if I update from PHP7.0 to PHP7.1?

Operating system : ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Web server: apache2

Database: mysql

PHP version: 7.0

ownCloud version: (10.1.0)

Calendar version: (1.6.1)

Updated from an older installed version or fresh install:
Started with updates (repository) from 9.1 my first version.

List of activated apps:
calender, contacts, audioplayer, activity

My owncloud has to be run. So if I update from PHP7.0 to PHP7.1 will owncloud still work of do I get errors?

Hey,

have you tried to look into the ownCloud documentation to read about the PHP versions which are supported by ownCloud?

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.1/admin_manual/installation/system_requirements.html

owncloud 10.1 is compatible to PHP 7.1, 7.2 according to documentation. The Question is will owncloud run if I update from 7.0 to PHP 7.1 or 7.2. I updated my server once from ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04 and it worked, but it was not stable. So I saw that clamav was making problems and installed it new. It changed php curl configuration and onwcloud was crashed and I was not able to get it back to life. I installed php curl new but owncloud was still claiming there is al problem with php curl. So I went back by image to ubuntu server 16.04. The information I got is, owncloud is very sensitive on php configuration.

Hey,

if you update the PHP version then i think you need to make sure that you have all PHP extensions (like curl) installed for this new version of PHP.

From what i can see this topic has been discussed in various other topics like e.g.:

So it is better to do not update PHP, it’s what I see!

Hey,

i think this depends on your needs / requirements. But if your problems where related to whats discussed in the linked issues above then i think such situations could be easily solved by you if you install the correct PHP extensions for the new PHP version which are listed here:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/admin_manual/installation/manual_installation.html#php-extensions